A quick look around the league at a few intriguing unrestricted free agents at each position, if the 4th year players will be UFAs as expected in the new labor deal –
- Alex Smith – It sounds like the 49ers will bring him back for another year but the former number one pick should attract some interest.
- Bruce Gradkowski – Good backup, even though they won’t pursue him, I’d feel much better if he was the Jets number two quarterback than Mark Brunell.
- Matt Moore - There are rumors the Dolphins could sign him to compete with Chad Henne…yikes.
- Ahmad Bradshaw – It will be interesting to see how much money the Giants will be willing to throw at him. He is an explosive player but has a tough time staying healthy.
- Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown – What will the Dolphins backfield look like in 2011?
- Cedric Benson – Hard to see the Bengals letting him go anywhere, especially since they will likely be starting a rookie quarterback.
- DeAngelo Williams – A proven big play back who should command a hefty contract on the open market.
- Santonio Holmes/Braylon Edwards/Brad Smith – Mike Tannenbaum just shakes his head.
- James Jones – Very talented player who could really thrive with a bigger role.
- Lance Moore – Productive slot receiver with a knack for making big plays.
- Steve Smith (NYG) – Hard to see the Giants letting him go anywhere.
- Plaxico Burress – I would guess the Eagles, Rams, or Jets.
- Randy Moss – Somebody will give him a shot.
- Sidney Rice – The Vikings will probably give him the money necessary to keep him.
- Terrell Owens – Still TO…but coming off a very productive season.
- Steve Breaston – Under the radar a little bit on this FA market but has potential to be a very good number two receiver somewhere.
- Kevin Boss – He had injury issues last year but has been consistently good since becoming a starter.
- Bo Scaife – Should be able to catch on somewhere outside of Tennessee where he will get more opportunities.
- Daniel Graham – Good blocking option.
- Doug Free – Hard to see Dallas letting him walk after a better than expected year.
- Jared Gaither – Should be one of the most sought after offensive lineman on the market, as he isn’t expected to re-sign with Baltimore.
- Jermon Bushrod – He has stated he wants to return to New Orleans but it remains to be seen if the Saints will pay to keep him.
- Cullen Jenkins – Brother of Kris…most people don’t expect him back in Green Bay next year.
- Mathias Kiwanuka – Good pass rushers are always hard to find.
- Ray Edwards – He isn’t expected back in Minnesota and could provide a solid pass rush to many teams. Cleveland is reportedly very interested in him.
- Paul Posluszny – He has struggled with injuries but has the potential to be a key part of a young and improving Bills defense.
- Matt Roth – Don’t be surprised to see the Jets make a run at him.
- Stephen Tulloch – Had a good year in Tennessee and should be heavily pursued by multiple teams including Detroit and Buffalo.
- Nnamdi Asomugha – He will command a monster contract. Expect the Texans, Redskins, and Eagles all to be in the mix.
- Antonio Cromartie – Considering how much Rex Ryan loves corners and their defensive system, there is a pretty good chance he will be back despite the high cost.
- Jonathan Joseph – A quality starter who should get decent money in this market.
- Carlos Rogers – He could be a good fallback option for the teams who can’t sign Asomugha or Cromartie.
- David Akers – The long time Eagle could be testing the market.
- Ryan Longwell – Another veteran who should find a home somewhere, if not immediately than when training camp starts.