A few thoughts on game three of the NBA Finals…
1. LeBron James is starting to look a little timid in the final minutes of these tight games. When we entered the Finals, the Heat were LeBron’s show…they are now back to being led by Dwyane Wade who has been spectacular the past two games. Watching Wade and Dirk go shot for shot in the final minutes last night is about as entertaining as it gets, yet at least Wade has a few other people on his team who can knock down an open shot.
2. Dirk’s supporting cast has been a major let down so far in this series. You have to wonder if the big guy can really pull off this upset, this much on his own. You are asking alot for a single person to create every single point in the final seven minutes of every game. The Mavericks are well overdue for one of their three point barrages, that they used to sweep the Lakers away in round two.
3. Say what you want about Chris Bosh, but after playing such a poor game, he didn’t hesitate to shoot and knock down what turned out to be the game winning shot. You also have to be impressed with Mario Chalmers who isn’t shy at all in a big spot despite who he is surrounded by, which is an admirable trait.
4. This does feel like an inevitable seven game series at this point, right? Although somebody else on that Dallas roster needs to come up with a big game Tuesday night to avoid a 3-1 hole, which would all but wrap things up for the Heat.
5. Great defense by Udonis Haslem on the final possession last night. He should always be covering Dirk in a big spot, not Chris Bosh…as we saw in game two.