The 12 pack is back with a very special Decertification Edition
We are actually going to take a slightly different approach today with the 12 things TOJ will miss the most about the New York Jets if there is an extended lockout/legal battles/whatever is about to happen with these CBA negotiations, in no particular order…
1. Rex Quotes – My favorite television shows of all-time are Lost, The Wire, The Sopranos, and…Rex Ryan’s Press Conference. The first three are already off the air, and now I have to deal with the fourth going away? I don’t know about you but I will miss a Super Bowl guarantee every other day, excessive praise for Jets players, and of course wigs.
2. Game Ending Heroics –
3. Bizarre Breakfasts – How many random mornings were made more entertaining by a bizarre Jets headline this past year? Who is making foot fetish videos? Who is sleeping with a 17 year old? Who has cursed out Tom Brady on the front of the Daily News? Now we have to read about legal proceedings every morning…
4. Waiting for another interview like this
5. Bashing Schotty - If there is no games, there is no reason to write five paragraphs trying to explain why Brian Schottenheimer called a reverse to Jerricho Cotchery on 2nd and 1 that went for a 9 yard loss.
6. The LT Glide
7. The Progress – The last two years have been major steps in the right direction for the New York Jets organization. It would figure that when they are on the precipice of being a Super Bowl team this type of legal mess would occur.
8. The Smack Talk – You can’t run your mouths to Patriots fans if the two teams aren’t playing and you can’t run your mouths to Giants fans if Eli Manning isn’t throwing four interceptions every game because he isn’t on the field.
9. Eating A Goddamn Snack
10. Free Agency Madness – This time of the year is usually reserved for constant refreshing of the computer to see what big name the Jets have signed or traded for.
11. Talking Football With All Of You, Not Legal Matters – Debating, yelling, arguing, cursing with all of you about the Jets and the NFL is a hell of a lot more fun that talking about decertification and appeal courts.
12. Just a sad day for all us NFL fans.