1. Shonn Greene is getting 20 carries this week, going over 100 yards, and scoring his second rushing touchdown of the season. It is December. It is time to let #23 lead the charge on offense, like he did during the Jets playoff run last year.
2. Mark Sanchez may have had a bad week against the Patriots, but Chad Henne is having a bad season. Sanchez has demonstrated so far in 2010, what the majority of football analysts didn’t expect to see, that he has a better future as a franchise quarterback than Henne does. Sanchez will decidedly outplay Henne, who will be holding a clipboard somewhere next year.
3. Brandon Marshall won’t have more than 40 yards receiving on Sunday. He got a pass from Revis Island in week 3, but he won’t as lucky this meti.
4. The players who will hurt the Jets defense will be Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, and Anthony Fasano, just like in week 3. All three are going to rack up yards, the key will be for the Jets defense to bend but not break.
5. Braylon Edwards will have a bounce back performance after a shaky outing on Monday night. He has killed the Dolphins in all three of the Jets match-ups with them, since he has been traded over. He will be getting his fourth touchdown in four games against Miami this Sunday.
6. Mark Sanchez won’t throw more than 25 passes. The Jets will have a more run heavy approach than normal this season.
7. The Jets coaching staff will finally relent and give Joe McKnight a few carries that aren’t in garbage time and he will also get a shot on punt or kick returns.
8. Santonio Holmes is ripping off a big punt return of 25 yards or more.
9. Dan Carpenter is going to make all his field goal attempts, while Nick Folk will miss yet another kick he should make. Fortunately, the Dolphins offense will frequently settle for field goals instead of converting in the red-zone.
10. The Jets defense is coming up with at least two turnovers and two sacks this week.
11. The Jets aren’t a clinching a playoff spot this week. Either San Diego or Jacksonville will find a way to win.
12. The Jets are going to win 20-16. The key differences in the game will be Miami constantly settling for field goals and Sanchez outplaying Henne.
Week 14 Picks, Lines from BetUS
- Raiders (+4) vs. Jaguars
- Bengals (+8.5) vs. Steelers
- Patriots (-4.5) vs Bears
- Browns (PK) vs Bills
- Giants (-3) vs. Vikings
- Packers (-7.5) vs. Lions
- Falcons (-8) vs. Panthers
- Bucs (-3) vs. Redskins
- Rams (+8.5) vs. Saints
- Seahawks (+5) vs. 49ers
- Broncos (-4) vs. Cardinals
- Eagles (-4.5) vs. Cowboys
- Ravens (-3.5) vs. Texans