Your Christmas present? A 12 pack from TOJ on the Jets-Bears…
1. The Jets defense has struggled getting after the quarterback throughout the season. However, Sunday will be a day for Rex Ryan to show off his ability to design blitzes that constantly harass the quarterback. Jay Cutler will be sacked at least 3 times and one of those will be a strip sack.
2. On the topic Cutler…he won’t shy away from attacking Darrelle Revis, which is going to result in Revis pulling in his first interception of the season.
3. Greg Olsen and Devin Hester are going to have big days working against the Jets secondary. The Jets still haven’t shown an ability to stop the tight end and Hester’s quickness will be problematic if he gets matched up with any of the Jets nickel or dime backs.
4. LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene will combine for at least 35 carries. A Jets running back hasn’t scored a touchdown since they played Denver in week 6 but the streak will end on Sunday.
5. After his big game last week, the Bears will shift more attention to Braylon Edwards opening things up for Santonio Holmes to have a 100 yard performance.
6. Nick Folk is going to keep quietly building momentum heading towards the playoffs by hitting all of his field goal attempts.
7. After being shut out last week, Jerricho Cotchery will have a couple of receptions on Sunday. Dustin Keller will also have one of his better games in recent weeks, pulling in over 50 yards receiving.
8. Mark Sanchez will have another efficient game, completing at least 60 percent of his passes and throwing for just over 200 yards. However, I do think will turn the ball over at least once.
9. Devin Hester will find a way to have at least one big return.
10. Brad Smith will create a big play on offense for the first time since the Cincinnati game.
11. Matt Forte will rush for less than 60 yards against the Jets defense.
12. The Jets are going to relieve all of the unnecessary stress in week 17 by beating the Bears 20-13. I like the way they match-up with them and think it will be a big day for the defense, after a so so effort against the Steelers.