Follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and Twitter (@TurnOnTheJets)
After a bit of a hiatus, the 12 pack is back…
1. There is no way that Rex Ryan didn’t get the message across to Brian Schottenheimer to start running the football more. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but LaDainian Tomlinson will get 20+ carries and Shonn Greene will get 14+ carries. If this prediction is wrong than be mad at Schotty for his ignorance, not me.
2. Darrelle Revis is going to man up Calvin Johnson at least 80% of the time this week. Megatron is going to make a few plays but Revis will keep him under 100 yards and out of the end-zone. The first signs of the Island resurfacing will be in place.
3. Mark Sanchez is going to complete 60 percent of his passes. I predict this because I don’t think the Jets will throw the ball frequently and when they do, I think there will be a good amount of high percentage throws.
4. Jerricho Cotchery isn’t going to drop a pass this week. This guy has been too consistent for too long to let one game throw him into a funk that carries across multiple games.
5. I am feeling a big week for the Jets special teams after their weak performance last week. Nick Folk won’t be shanking any kicks. Steve Weatherford will be punting and not running and Brad Smith will break off at least one big return.
6. The Lions tight ends, Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler are going to have big days. The Jets did a poor job against Todd Heap, Anthony Hernandez, Anthony Fasano, and David Nelson earlier in the year and I am sure the Lions noticed that and will be looking to their tight ends often.
7. The Jets are going to be more aggressive on defense than they have been in previous weeks. This will lead to a few more sacks and maybe a turnover or two but will also allow Lions to create a few big plays of their own.
8. Less of a prediction and more of a general comment – This is the kind of the game where you want to jump out to a quick 10-0 lead and take the crowd out of it. If you let the Lions get off to a fast start they are going to build confidence and that place will be rocking.
9. Inactives – Joe (I can’t believe we spent a 4th round pick on this guy) McKnight, Vladimir (I can’t believe we spent a 2nd round pick on this guy) Ducasse, Kellen Clemens, Jamaal Westerman, Jeff Cumberland, Marcus Dixon, Josh Mauga, Jarron Gilbert.
10. I don’t think we will be seeing much of the Tiger formation this week.
11. Brandon Moore will do a great job on Ndamukong Suh, continuing his All-Pro caliber campaign.
12. The Lions are going to make their share of plays and I don’t think Mark Sanchez is playing well enough right now for this to be a blowout. Detroit will be in this game into the fourth quarter but the Jets will ultimately prevail in a tight one 27-21.
Week 9 Picks (Lines From BetUS)
- Buffalo (+3) vs. Chicago
- San Diego (-3) vs. Houston
- New Orleans (-7.5) vs. Carolina
- Minnesota (-8) vs. Arizona
- Tamp Bay (+8) vs. Atlanta
- Miami (+5) vs. Baltimore
- Cleveland(+5.5) vs. New England
- Giants (-7) vs. Seattle
- Oakland (-2) vs. Kansas City
- Philadelphia (-2.5) vs. Peyton Manning
- Green Bay (-7.5) vs. Dallas
- Pittsburgh (-6) vs. Cincinnati
Check out (http://bit.ly/SundaySweep) for information on the NFLRedZone Sunday Sweep Challenge being run by the NFL Network. Register as a New York Jets fan and compete for plenty of prizes.