Nothing better or more refreshing than a 12 pack from TOJ to start off your weekend
1. I like the under (38) in this game. It is going to be a physical, defensive struggle in which I think the first team to 20 is going to win. Both units with be throwing a myriad of confusing looks at the opponent’s young quarterbacks who will need time to adjust.
2. It is All-Disappointment week for the Jets, with Vernon Gholston likely starting, Kyle Wilson moving back into the nickel role, and Joe McKnight being active for the first time since week 4. I predict Gholston won’t be getting his first NFL sack, Wilson will show some improvements from earlier in the year, and McKnight will actually get an offensive touch that isn’t in garbage time.
3. Inactive list – Marquice Cole, Kellen Clemens, Jarron Gilbert, Marcus Dixon, Josh Mauga, Vladimir Ducasse, Jeff Cumberland, Jamaal Westerman.
4. This is the week it finally happens…Shonn Greene gets more carries than LaDainian Tomlinson and starts to look like the Jets #1 back.
5. Braylon Edwards is going to have his first 100 yard game of the season and get in the end-zone. Get ready for the Dougie, Dawg Pound.
6. The Browns will pull at least one trick play on offense and one trick play on special teams. Mangini will be dumping out the playbook to upset his former team.
7. Mark Sanchez and Colt McCoy will both turn the ball over, whichever team takes bigger advantage of the opposing quarterback’s mistakes will go a long to deciding the outcome.
8. I think there will be a Calvin Pace sighting this week. He is too good of a player to be quiet this many weeks in a row. Jason Taylor? I think he might be moving into being a major disappointment this year.
9. Jerricho Cotchery is going to play less than 30 reps this week, as his demotion into the #3 receiver role is fully cemented.
10. Peyton Hillis is going to run for less than 100 yards. I got faith in Sione Pouha, Mike DeVito, Shaun Ellis, Bart Scott, and David Harris to keep doing what they’ve been doing all season.
11. Abram Elam is giving up a big play in the passing game…because, he is Abram Elam after all.
12. I like the Jets in an ugly, sloppy game that won’t quiet any questions about when they are going to finally put it all together. I am taking them 16-13.
Week 10 Picks (Lines Courtesy of BetUS)
- Peyton Manning (-7) vs. Bengals
- Jaguars (PK) vs. Texans
- Titans (-3) vs. Dolphins
- Vikings (-2.5) vs. Bears
- Bills (-3) vs. Lions
- Bucs (-7) vs. Panthers
- Chiefs (-2.5) vs. Broncos
- Rams (+5) vs. 49ers
- Cardinals (-3.5) vs. Seahawks
- Giants (-13.5) vs. Cowboys
- Steelers (-4) vs. Patriots
- Eagles (-3.5) vs. Redskins