Follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and Twitter (@TurnOnTheJets)
First a few updates:
1. Darrelle Revis, Jamaal Westerman, and Wayne Hunter are officially out this Sunday against Buffalo. Calvin Pace will be a game-time decision, but I’d be surprised to see him suit up.
2. A big thank you to everybody who is following TOJ on Facebook, Twitter, and takes the time to leave comments on the articles here…it is all greatly appreciated. Along those lines, it is time for TOJ to give back:
Get 5 new people to follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and enter yourself to win one of the following prizes.
The first five people who e-mail me (JCaporoso@fanball.com) the five new followers they recruited, will be drawn at random and win either an OCNN t-shirt, a Taylor Made Jets hat, or the grand prize the Joe Namath Book and DVD. Get recruiting, so I can keep giving things away.
Jets vs. Bills Round 1: 12 Pack Of Predictions
1. The Jets pass rush is going to pick it up in a big way this week. Taking advantage of a weak offensive line, the Jets will drop Ryan Fitzpatrick at least four times.
2. Fitzpatrick will take his shots down the field and hit a few big plays against Drew Coleman or Kyle Wilson. However, he will turn the ball over with at least one fumble and one interception.
3. I know he has been off to a slow start, but Shonn Greene will have over 60 yards rushing this week. It isn’t anything to get that excited about, but it will be a step in the right direction.
4. Mark Sanchez will complete the first quarter of the 2010 season without a single turnover.
5. Lee Evans is going to score a touchdown, because he always scores a touchdown against the Jets.
6. Inactives – Jamaal Westerman, Wayne Hunter, Darrelle Revis, Kellen Clemens, Calvin Pace, Patrick Turner, Marcus Dixon, Jeff Cumberland
7. Joe McKnight will return a few punts and get 2-3 carries, as he begins his climb out of the coach’s and fan’s doghouse.
8. I think the Jets will be more committed to the run than they have been the past few weeks. LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene will combine for 35-38 carries, while McKnight and Brad Smith chip in a few also.
9. Mark Sanchez will hit a big play or two down the field but for the most part will work in the short/intermediate passing game. He will throw for just under 200 yards.
10. Nick Folk will miss his first under 60 yard field goal of the year…I just think he is due for one and hopefully he gets it out of the way this week.
11. Trevor Pryce is going to record a sack and Rex Ryan will have some type of comment in his post-game press conference about how Baltimore is foolish for thinking he was done.
12. The Jets are going to avoid the trap game and win 24-13. Buffalo will keep this game interesting into the fourth quarter but will never be able to make the big play to pull ahead, as the Jets eventually put them away.
Other NFL Picks (Lines From BetUS): 10-6 Last Week
- Broncos (+7) vs. Titans
- Ravens (+2) vs. Steelers
- Bengals (-3.5) vs. Browns
- Packers (-14) vs. Lions
- Saints (-13.5) vs. Panthers
- 49ers (+7) vs. Falcons
- Rams (+2.5) vs. Seahawks
- Jets (-7.5) vs. Bills
- Colts (-8.5) vs. Jags
- Texans (-4.5) vs. Raiders
- Redskins (+5.5) vs. Eagles
- Bears (+3.5) vs. Giants
- Dolphins (+2.5) vs. Patriots