Follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and Twitter (@TurnOnTheJets)
Thoughts on the final episode of Hard Knocks…
1. The most interesting parts of the episode clearly were centered on the Revis holdout. I am glad we got some footage of Rex blowing up at his agents and saw the process of the decision to fly down to Fort Lauderdale. Great stuff on the ending but let’s see if Revis Island is truly back.
2. Jason Davis? Obviously wasn’t the happiest camper out there. I wonder if he will surface with another team this year.
3. I don’t think we will be seeing David Clowney back anytime soon. If the Jets add another receiver after week one, it would likely be Laveranues Coles. If you can’t impress on special teams, you aren’t making the roster as a receiver behind Jerricho Cotchery, Santonio Holmes, and Braylon Edwards.
4. I would love to see Joe McKnight get bumped down to the IR with an “injury” and Chauncey Washington moved to the 53 man roster. I don’t want to see McKnight get hurt but the Jets have put players on the IR in the past for storage purposes when a serious injury really hasn’t taken place.
5. Congrats to Danny Woodhead who 100 percent earned his spot.
6. Woody Johnson sounded pretty dead set against budging on Revis after week two or contemplating trading him after the season. I think some of the Rex swag has rubbed off on him.
7. It has been an entertaining August and really an entertaining entire off-season for that matter, yet how long does it feel like it has been since the Colts knocked the Jets out of the playoffs last January? It has been an eternity waiting to watch this hyped up team on the field in a meaningful game. They have a hell of a chance right out of the gate to make a statement against a team that is supposed to be a legit Super Bowl contender. It is only one game, but let’s protect our new stadium and open it, the way we closed it.