Thoughts on episode #4 of Hard Knocks –
1. You can’t help but feel for Kellen Clemens. The guy never really got a fair shake here in New York. He does deserve to be the number two quarterback this season. Hopefully, he makes one final strong case tomorrow night against the Eagles.
2. Cheeseburgers? C’mon man.
3. The Jets made the right call by keeping Tony Richardson over Laveranues Coles. With this particular team, T-Rich is viewed as one of the key leaders of the offense. Hopefully, Coles gets the chance to come back and contribute a few games after week one. It would be nice to see him grab a few more receptions in green and white.
4. It would easy to say the Jets appear too loose in training camp. However, keep in mind HBO is featuring what is most conducive to television.
5. That episode made me very anxious for week five to get here quickly. I want to see #10 out there in our offense.
6. Get a better GPS, Jason Taylor.
7. Do we really have to see Rex Ryan in a hot tub next week?
8. We got a good glimpse at what complete BS all the Revis rumors were last week.
9. Mike Tannenbaum might be spending too much time snacking with Rex.
10. We get it Rex…you love John Conner.
11. You could see Tannenbaum was a little pissed as he was cutting Kevin O’Connell. He traded for him last year to be the long term #2 quarterback and clearly misevaluated him.