Follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and Twitter (@TurnOnTheJets)
1. Mark Brunell is a whopping 5/13 for 23 yards with a lost fumble this pre-season. Why is he the primary backup to Mark Sanchez again? I have said it 1,000 times this August and I will say it again, Kellen Clemens should be the #2. I hope Clemens puts together a final push tonight and claims his rightful spot on the depth chart.
2. Considering the play of Danny Woodhead and Chauncey Washington this pre-season. Is there a chance the Jets might put Joe McKnight on the practice squad? He certainly hasn’t played like he deserves a spot on the 53 man roster and is in desperate need of a strong performance tonight.
3. Larry Taylor and David Clowney will both be battling for one of the final 53 roster spots. Clowney needs to flash on special teams, which he has been inconsistent on this pre-season. Taylor is an easy guy to root for who appears to be a favorite of special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff, which certainly doesn’t hurt his chances.
4. Vernon Gholston is going to get plenty of time tonight, including a good share of the reps at outside linebacker since Calvin Pace, Jason Taylor, and Bryan Thomas won’t be playing. Hopefully, Gholston continues his strong pre-season and can drop Mike Vick a few times.
5. Keep making those field goals, Nick Folk.
6. Santonio Holmes should be running circles around the Eagles backups tonight. Of course, he needs a quarterback who can get the ball into his hands.
7. How about Matt Slauson doesn’t allow a sack tonight? It would go a long way to making all of us feel better about Mark Sanchez’z safety in 2010.
8. I am looking for Jamaal Westerman to make a strong case that he deserves a good chunk of the reps Calvin Pace would play until he returns from injury.
New Episode Coming This Wednesday