A quick look at episode 2 of Hard Knocks
1. Does anybody else miss Leon Washington yet? I haven’t heard or seen one encouraging thing from Joe McKnight yet and he didn’t come off well at all in tonight’s episode. He looked like a spaced out kid, who thinks he has all the answers. Good move by Santonio Holmes trying to give him advice and running backs coach Anthony Lynn was working on him constantly, but it didn’t seem like it was getting through.2. Sanchez, funny guy but pay attention when your quarterback coach is talking to you and stop stressing over the 59 cents extra on the Pizza Hut order, you have a 50 million dollar contract.
3. It sounds like a foregone conclusion that John Conner will be the starting fullback. I just hope the Jets aren’t stupid enough to cut Tony Richardson. There is value in keeping the veteran around and giving him a role on the offense.
4. Kris Jenkins vs. Nick Mangold – There is a battle worth watching…looks like Mangold got the best of him tonight.
5. I still don’t buy the Vernon Gholston hype. The Jets had to stage a fight for him to pick up the intensity.6. Mark Brunell is a smart man for keeping his daughter far away from Sanchez. The veteran backup came off well in this episode as a valuable mentor for Sanchez, though.
7. Mike Westhoff is the man.
8. Where are you? – Jerricho Cotchery, Braylon Edwards, Nick Mangold, Calvin Pace, D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Jim Leonhard, Shonn Greene, Dustin Keller.
9. Somehow I think there will be some people out there mocking Cromartie’s clip naming all his children.10. I’m glad they didn’t spent any time on the Revis holdout.
11. Somebody hide the M&M’s from Rex.
12. Bart Scott…nice zinger on McKnight taking a pay cut after leaving USC.
13. Sanchez, what is with the Karate Kid look in the weight room?
14. Steve Weatherford…funny stuff with the shake weights.