Rex Ryan press conference
- Happy with the progress of Brodney Pool at safety and thinks he is fitting in well with the first defense.
- Downplayed the comments by Tom Brady about hating the Jets “He knows we hate the Pariots, so what is the difference.
- Confirmed that Mark Brunell remains the number two quarterback.
- Confirmed they are close on the Mangold contract and talked up his importance to the team.
- Don’t expect the Jets to sign Adalius Thomas.
- The Ropati Pitoitua injury is a big loss…”his arrow was pointing up. I thought he would have a big year for us.”
Tim Cowlishaw ESPN Interview
- Basically to sum it up, he remains confident in his source and still believes the deal will happen on Wednesday. He wasn’t looking for the information but when he came across it, he confirmed it with his source, who “has always been correct.” Cowlishaw heavily implied that the information came from somebody on the Revis’ side of the negotiations. On a scale of 0 – 10, Cowlishaw put his confidence in his source at 8.5 to a 9. “This person is not going to lie or likely to be misled.” However, he seemed to protect himself slightly by saying he knows a new deal is coming, but there is small chance it could happen on a different day than Wednesday.
- Mark Sanchez – 9/10 with a TD to Braylon Edwards in 11 on 11 drills. Bryan Thomas dropped an easy interception. Edwards beat Kyle Wilson for the touchdown.
- Nick Folk was 6/6 on field goals, with a long of 34 yards.
- Drew Coleman signed a new 1 year deal, which locked up his spot on the 53 man roster.
- David Harris and his representatives have accepted the Jets can’t work out a new deal for him until next off-season because of the current CBA constraints.
- Donovan Warren is still out of practice. Brashton Satele returned to the field.