First a few updates:
1. Follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and Twitter (TurnOnTheJets) and now on YouTube.
2. If I had to guess where LeBron James will end up next year as of today, I would say 30% chance of Cleveland, 30% chance of Chicago, 20% percent chance of Miami, and 10% percent each for New York and New Jersey. I hope I’m wrong.
3. There is nothing that makes me happier then when Dolphins fans post on this site, please keep the comments coming. I thoroughly enjoy your misguided efforts to insult me as you spend part of your day on my web site.
4. You know it is going to be a rough season for Buffalo, when their running back is interviewed by the media and all he can talk about is how excited he is about how good the Jets are going to be this year.
5. New England re-signed linebacker Gary Guyton yesterday, further solidifying their mediocrity at the position.
Revisiting My Opinions Of Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlison, & Antonio Cromartie
It’s Friday. It’s a nice day out. I might as well enjoy my self-deprecating sense of humor by looking back on some things I have written in the past on new Jets Jason Taylor, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Antonio Cromartie before I get out on the lake for some floating:
November 5th, 2009 article “The Jets Will Win 10 Games”
Jason Taylor talking about how Giants Stadium is a “hellhole” and that unlike Giants fans, Jets fans are “asses.” We all know that Taylor has had a lifelong hatred of the Jets organization and fans and will always take a shot whenever he can. What can you say? Taylor is a probable hall of fame player but a guy who will never win a championship and a guy who has never been past the second round of the playoffs. He got there a couple of times but lost 62-7 to Jacksonville and was blown out by the Raiders another time. He left Miami last year because Bill Parcells didn’t want him because he was too worried about his Hollywood career, stunk it up in DC and then got out of his contract by refusing to participate in off-season workouts. While he was gone, Miami had their best season in years and won the division, so Jason came back this year just in time to be a part of another 6-10 Dolphins team this season. Taylor is right about one thing, he hates Jets fans and we hate him. He can enjoy another January at home this season watching the NFL playoffs, like he has done every year since 2001.
February 4th, 2010 article “Turn On The Jets 2009/2010 Season Awards: Moments”
(Worst Moments of the Year)…5. Anybody But Him – Rookie running back Shonn Greene fumbles behind the line of scrimmage and the ball bounces directly to Jason Taylor who runs it back for a 48 yard touchdown, promptly forcing Jets fans everywhere to throw up.
Antonio Cromartie/LaDainian Tomlinson
January 18th, 2010 article “Grading Out The Jets Win Against The Cheap-Shot Chargers”
Why the cheap-shot Chargers? Look at dirtbag Antonio Cromartie throw an elbow into Shonn Greene’s back after he rips off his 53 yard touchdown run in the game highlights at the bottom of this article…unbelievble (by the way, I think they are still scraping Eric Weddle off the turf back in San Diego).
March 3rd, 2010 article “What Should The Jets Expect From Leon Washington in 2010?”
Not much on the update front today, especially for the Wednesday before free agency. There has been some talk about the Jets interest in Chargers corner Antonio Cromartie, who is on the trading block. I think this is more of a result of everybody knowing the Jets need a corner and automatically linking them with anybody who could potentially be available. I haven’t read anything (and I spend way too much time reading every single thing on the Internet Jets related) that makes me believe the Jets will pursue Cromartie and even have an interest in a guy like Dunta Robinson. Beyond that, Cromartie’s play has declined in recent years, he is a soft player known for his lack of effort, and has off the field baggage in the form of five paternity suits.
January 13th, 2010 article “Jets vs. Chargers Position By Position Comparison”
Tomlinson is a shell of his former self and only averages 3.3 yards per carry.
Time To Get Your Story Straight, Turn On The Jets
Weekend Video Clips
Never Thought I’d See The Day
A Little Hype