First a few…or actually alot of updates:
1. I would have wrote my normal article yesterday but my three friends from college decided to visit in the middle week for whatever reason, so instead of doing school work, blogging, and eating…my normal activities during the week, I ended up drinking, playing NBA Jam and NBA Jam related drinking games, and continuing my reign as our group of friend’s best beer pong player. Anyway, I have some catching up to do.
2. Mark Sanchez had his knee surgery yesterday and according to him everything went well…can you hear the collective sigh of relief from Jets fans everywhere? He is expected back in time for training camp.
3. The Jets worked out former Cowboys kicker Nick Folk. I had Folk last year for a little while in fantasy and let me tell you…he was terrible. I understand Jay Feely is a free agent and might be asking for a little too much money, especially since Oakland just paid Sebastian Janikowski like he was a franchise quarterback, but a team like the Jets can’t deal with a downgrade from Jay Feely to Nick “What The” Folk. I am already having nightmares about him missing 34 yard field goals in New England next year.
4. The Jets are likely headed back to Cortland for training camp next year.
5. Some delayed links that I promised: (http://southfloridajetsfanclub.wetpaint.com), check out Rob Nacarano’s site and stop by www.Thon.org to see some quality charity work being done by my fellow PVSC landscaper and other PSU students.
6. Follow Turn On The Jets on facebook…I am happy to say we finally cracked 200 fans and now currently sit at 203…Now I want 300.
7. Thoughts On Lost Season 6 Episode 4 “The Substitute” – A nice improvement from last week’s episode, “The Substitute” was a Locke-centric episode with an intriguing alternate timeline story and even better action on the island. First in the alternate reality, Locke has much a different personality. He no longer believes in destiny or miracles and seems like he is somewhat happy with his life. I enjoyed all the cross-overs with other characters (Hurley, Rose, Ben) but I am starting to wonder when the characters are going to become conscious of their history/whatever you want to call it on the island. As much as I enjoy watching Ben and Locke teach junior high school, I need to start seeing some connection to the other storyline. On the island, we got some answers and hell of alot more questions. Who is that weird kid with the bloody arms chasing around the Man in Black? Why does the Man In Black want Richard’s support? When was the Man In Black…actually a man and not the smoke monster? I thought the numbers in the cave was obviously a cool scene, but what a hell of a commute Jacob has to make every time he wants to write somebody’s name down…get some paper man. I am not sure I believe half the stuff the Man In Black told Sawyer and I am pretty sure Sawyer is looking to con him.
8. Now that the Cavs acquired Antawan Jamison…get ready for the Cleveland/L.A. series we were denied last year. By the way, the Knicks actually did something somewhat smart by getting Tracy McGrady because they are now going to be able to clear some serious cap space next season.
2009 Evaluations: The Quarterbacks