First a few updates:
1. I really enjoyed Rex Ryan completely changing his tune in his Monday press conference…pretty funny stuff going from the “we are completely done..we suck” to the “hey are probably we going to the playoffs and we are going to fight like hell” attitude.
2. The game highlights section has been updated.
AFC East Observations
New England Patriots – I have had enough of hearing the Tom Brady/Randy Moss/New England storylines. Why does the 10thbest team in the NFL get the most coverage? Randy Moss didn’t dominate on Sunday, he had 70 yards receiving. Tom Brady went 11/23 for 115 yards with a INT…wow pro bowl stuff right there. The only reason New England won’t be one and done in the playoffs is because the NFL has already penciled them in to the Saturday night wild card game and they are planning to dump 19 feet of snow on the field. I can already see something like Jacksonville vs New England on Saturday night in a blizzard with the Pats running it up.
Miami Dolphins – Tough loss for the Dolphins who have decided to join the Jets in mediocrity at 7-7, thanks to their quarterback throwing three interceptions. I don’t see Miami getting in the playoffs, but if they do and play in New England in the first round, I will be watching LOST re-runs instead of that game.
Buffalo Bills – Why waste article space on this horrific franchise?
Other NFL Observations
How does Denver lose a game of that importance at home to Oakland? They are like the Jets with the December meltdowns…I am thinking Kansas City is regretting that Matt Cassell trade…Watch out, the Cleveland Browns are on a two game winning streak…The Giants/Redskins game was one of the least competitive football games I have ever seen…Yes, I am really enjoying the meltdown Minnesota is about to have, they are going to play themselves right into a first round exit, nice.
TOJ NFL Power Rankings (Only teams with a playoff pulse are ranked, no matter how weak that pulse is)
- Indianapolis Peyton Mannings (14-0) – Rest is always a good decision Jim Caldwell.
- San Diego Chargers (11-3) – Looking forward to that Colts/Chargers AFC title game.
- New Orleans Saints (13-1) – Still can’t believe they lost to Dallas.
- Philadelphia Eagles (10-4) – Desean Jackson is a beast.
- Minnesota Vikings (11-3) – I guess Favre is the coach and the quarterback now, which will make it double sweet when their playoff run flames out.
- Arizona Cardinals (9-5) – Life is easy in the NFC West.
- Green Bay Packers (9-5) – Where Defensive POY Charles Woodson during those 503 passing yards?
- Cincinnati Bengals (9-5) – Better effort than I expected in San Diego.
- Dallas Cowboys (9-5) – Biggest win of Tony Romo’s career last Saturday night.
- New England Patriots (9-5) – Another AFC East title.
- Baltimore Ravens (8-6) – Huge game coming up in Pittsburgh.
- Tennessee Titans (7-7) – Won 7 of their last 8.
- New York Giants (8-6) – Still breathing in the NFC wild card race.
- Denver Broncos (8-6) – Lost to Oakland…really? About to lose in Philly.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (7-7) – Don’t see them winning in New England.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7) – Huge game versus Ravens.
- Miami Dolphins (7-7) – Should handle Houston at home.
- New York Jets (7-7) – Received all the help in the world and couldn’t capitalize.
- Houston Texans (7-7) – The bottom of all the 7-7 teams.
Jets/Colts First Look
This whole thing comes down to how much the Colts starters will play. I expect the Jets to blitz the crap out of Manning in the first quarter and try to get some shots on him to convince Jim Caldwell to pull him, yet Manning coaches the team anyway so it might not matter. Can’t you see the Jets beating the Colts backups 20-10 in the fourth quarter, running their mouths like they always do, pissing Peyton Manning off who then decides to check himself back in and lead his team to a 24-20 victory? I can. Realize this, if the Colts starters play the whole game, the Jets can’t win.