1. Vernon Gholston is being listed as doubtful for the game on Sunday, while Lito Sheppard, Brad Smith, Shaun Ellis, and Damien Woody are going to be listed as probable. Rex Ryan said he expects everybody but Gholston to be able to play, however Dwight Lowery will start at corner with Sheppard rotating in off the bench, in order to ease his transition back into the line-up.
2. Mike Westoff said in his press conference yesterday that he is considering letting Dwight Lowery or Brad Smith return kicks instead of Justin Miller. I wouldn’t be surprised to see all three get a shot this weekend.
3. Rex Ryan erupted at the team after Thursday’s practice due to some mistakes made by the offense. He said he is tired of excuses and that this team needs to find a way to start winning. We are all tired of excuses when it comes to the Jets. This team has the league’s #1 rushing offense and #2 ranked defense, it is time for them to start playing to their potential.
4. TOJ TV has been completely produced yet due to the some technical difficulties (my roommate’s computer breaking) I am not sure when we will be able to get the episode up.
5. Jets vs Jags prediction: I think the Jets will be able to move the ball relatively well on a young Jacksonville defense. The real question will be if after the Jags begin stacking the box to slow down Thomas Jones, can Mark Sanchez make them pay with big plays down the field in the passing game? I think he hits a few and the Jets put up a healthy 24 spot on offense. On the other side of the ball, I think Maurice Jones-Drew will spring a big play or two and David Garrard will keep a few drives alive with his feet but in the end, the Jets defense will bend not break en route to a 24-13 victory, setting up a monster game next week against the Patriots will lose a close one on Sunday night to the Colts.